1. The "Contest" will be hosted on the Emami Limited's microsite of Fair and Handsome from 12th October, 2015 to 08th November, 2015 (both days inclusive) and is restricted to male citizens and residents of India only.
2. This "Contest" is open to all male Citizens and residents of India, of age 18 years or above, except EMAMI Limited's (hereinafter referred to as "we") employees, officers and directors and their immediate family members (spouse, children, parents, siblings, regardless of where they live), employees, officials, directors, dealers, suppliers, partner agencies, associate companies, trade partners , temporary employment agency, advertising and promotional agencies, auditors , their associate companies and their immediate family members (spouse, children, parents, siblings, regardless of where they live).
3. The mechanics of the contest are as follows:
4. The participant hereby confirms that their entries shall neither be in violation of any third party Intellectual Property Rights / any other law of Land nor shall be defamatory / obscene / vulgar. The participant hereby agrees to indemnify the Company against any direct and/or indirect losses arising from the same. We reserve the right to reject such entries.
5. Our decision will be final and binding with regard to the 'Contest' winner selection and prize and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
6. Contest Prizes will be indicated during and after the conclusion of the Contest. Among all the valid entries received, Emami Fair and Handsome will select and declare weekly winners who shall be entitled to Fair and Handsome gift hampers. Few lucky winners will get a weeks' grooming session by the mentors,Winners will be declared on the www.handsomelife.in or the social channels; Facebook & Twitter .
7. Participants must submit only genuine pictures and videos that they have captured during the task or after completing it.
8. It shall be the Participant's responsibility to ensure that a valid name, e-mail address, phone number or any other details required by us is provided. We reserve the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and participants (including a participant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any participant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Duplicate or plagiarized entries shall be disqualified. Multiple entries by the same individual shall be liable to be disqualified.
9. Incomplete and/or incorrect entries and entries from third party agents or bulk entries will not be eligible. We will not be responsible for any entries that are not received by us, in full, for any reason, by the Closing Time, whether lost, delayed, corrupted or otherwise, and whether or not due to any technical difficulties or malfunctions.
10. Contest' will be hosted on www.handsomelife.in and will be conducted under our supervision.
11. Our decision will be final and binding with regard to the 'Contest' winner selection and prize and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
12. No purchase of Company's product is required for participation which is purely optional and voluntary on the part of the participant.
13. The 'Contest' encourages sharing of the posts and tagging friends. This is not to be considered as a pre-requirement or condition for prize eligibility.
14. Communication to the Winners of the 'Contest' Prize shall be done by displaying the Winners names on the www.handsomelife.in or Facebook page www.facebook.com/BeFairAndHandsome or Twitter page www.twitter.com/FairNdHandsome or via an Email to the Winner. Individuals will be informed to mail required details like proof of national identity, address proof etc.
15. Selected winners will have to share an ID proof with their address mentioned. No pan card, School/College ID will be accepted. Only Aadhar cards, Driver's license or Passports with Address proof will be accepted.
16. If the winners fail to contact us, the email/direct message sent to the winner is returned as undeliverable or the winner declines the prize, the winner will be disqualified and a new winner will be considered in the same manner and notified. Emami and its authorized agency reserve the right to acquire personal information and/or any details from the contestants for promotional and contest purpose through any digital media/ personal profile or by calling, emailing and/or through SMS. Unless otherwise indicated, Emami shall deem any information voluntarily supplied during the course of the Offer and/or personal information provided by the Contestant as "non-confidential", which hereby discharges all obligations of confidentiality. Emami shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the information for its use to third parties without limitation.
17. We are neither responsible for guaranteeing the quality of the 'Contest' prizes nor are liable for any deficiencies / defects in the same. The 'Contest' prizes shall be governed by the warranty policy for the said respective prize.
18. The prize images used in the 'Contest' advertisements and promotional materials are only illustrative in nature and the actual prize may differ from the illustrative image.
19. Prizes cannot be exchanged for other prizes. They cannot be encashed and/or transferred. The' Contest' Prize shall not be transferred or sold, and cannot be clubbed with any other Offer and will be exclusively for the Winner
20. We reserve the right to award an alternative prize of equal or lesser value in exceptional circumstances.
21. All 'Contest' prizes will be subject to relevant Indian laws, including tax regulation, as and when applicable. All applicable taxes, levies, charges and incidental costs including TDS, if applicable on any prize, will have to borne by the winners. Income tax, gift tax or any other statutory levies as may be applicable from time to time, arising out of the gift shall be payable by the winner. We are not liable for any of these charges.
22. Contest prize will be delivered within 90 days after announcing the winner. We shall not be liable for any damage/loss of prize due to incorrect address or any other incorrect information provided by the winner.
23. In the event of a death of the prize winner, no claim from the nominees or legal heirs of the prize winner will be entertained for receiving the prize.
24. We are not under any obligation to entertain or correspond for any clarification/query related to this contest.
25. Contest entries will be void where prohibited or restricted.
26. We shall not be liable under any circumstances towards any loss or damage or expenses or cost or any third party liability, whether directly or indirectly, arising out or in relation to use or availing of any prizes and/or in connection with the said prizes as the case may be.
27. We have the right to dismiss participant's entry at our sole discretion including, but not limited to pertaining any of the following conditions: a) Use of false or other people's personal information for entry (b) Multiple entries using multiple account (c) Using of any software program or unfair means or any other means to get added advantage over the other contestants.
28. We reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual if we find it to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Contest terms or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. It is hereby clarified that any participant using any unfair means of participation in any manner whatsoever including but not limited to using of any software programs shall be disqualified and not be eligible for any prize.
29. We shall deem any information voluntarily supplied during the course of the 'Contest' and/or personal information provided by the Participants as "non-confidential", which hereby discharges all obligations of confidentiality. Each Participant expressly agrees that by his/her participation in the 'Contest', we may use any information collected, in any media or future promotional, publicity and marketing material, without any reference, payment or other compensation to the Participant, subject to applicable privacy and data protection laws.
30. We and advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors and employees, shall not be liable for any injury, loss or damage, claims, demands or liabilities of any kind incurred by the Participant as a result of the Participant's participation in the 'Contest' and availing the Contest Prize. This includes, without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
31. By sharing Comments contestants grant us, a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, copy, print, display, reproduce, modify, publish, post, transmit and distribute the comments/posts.
32. All the pictures /ideas /thoughts submitted during Comments shall become our sole property and we shall have the liberty to use the Comments, for advertisement or publicity without any further communication or consideration to the user. It is further clarified that any content and/or deliverables, be it be audio, video, photographs, literary works, etc created pursuant to the contest shall be the intellectual property of Emami. Emami may display or publish in any media or future promotional activity, publicity and marketing material, without any reference or further payment, and the participants will not be entitled to raise any objection with regard to the same. Emami Limited shall have unlimited usage rights of the same without any restrictions.
33. We reserve the right to use the Winners names and 'Contest' entries, for promotion and post-coverage of the 'Contest' on our social media platforms and other platforms.
34. We shall monitor, on random basis time, the Comments and shall block the profile if in our opinion the same constitutes taking out personal vendetta or vengeance, provocative, vulgar, explicit, or any language depicting any hatred towards any person or country or race is posted by any participant. Participants found indulging in any malpractices such as cheating or creating dubious profiles etc., shall be disqualified from the 'Contest' and shall not be eligible for the 'Contest' Prize.
35. Each participant's personal information may be disclosed to governmental or regulatory bodies if the same is required by law, rule or regulation or in response to a valid order of a court or authorized agency of the government or other legal process.
36. We shall not be responsible and liable for any late, misdirected, lost or unsuccessful efforts to notify the Participant, as a consequence of telephone or internet service delays, interruptions, failures or overloads and shall in no event be responsible and liable for any act, omission, failure or delay arising from, but not limited to, acts of God, riots, acts of terrorism, labour or industrial dispute, strike , change in government policy or any other cause beyond the reasonable control by us.
37. It is strictly prohibited to post Comments that contain expressions of hate, abuse, offensive images or conduct, obscenity, pornography, sexually explicit, hurting sentiments of any religion, community or country or any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable law or regulations or that otherwise may be in conflict with these Terms and Conditions or the Advertising Code. Further the contestant hereby confirms that he/she shall be posting his/her own views to which we do not subscribe and indemnifies us in personal capacity in all manner whatsoever against any action taken by the authorities.
38. The Participants shall indemnify and hold us harmless against any loss that may occur to them due to non-adherence of the terms and conditions of the 'Contest'.
39. The winners eligible to participate in the gratification programme shall exempt and release Emami Limited and or is directors, employees, representatives, agents or anyone related directly or indirectly to the Company, in case of any personal injury, death, property damage, or loss sustained by them, as a result of his participation in the Handsome Life contest due to any cause whatsoever. The participant (their heirs, administrators, personal representatives and/or anyone claiming on their behalf) agrees never to institute any suit or action at law or otherwise against Emami, for any loss or injury which they might suffer arising from the activities covered under the programme.
40. We at our sole discretion reserve the right to modify the terms and conditions relating to the Contest from time to time and/or suspend, shorten, modify, extend or cancel this 'Contest' without prior notice, without stating any reason and no claim in this regard shall be entertained.
41. If any of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable to any extent for any reason including by reason of any law or regulation or government policy, the remainder of these terms and conditions other than those which are held invalid or unenforceable, shall not be affected thereby, and shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law. Any invalid or unenforceable terms and conditions shall be replaced with terms and conditions, which are valid and enforceable and most nearly reflect the original intent of the unenforceable terms and conditions.
42. We reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual we find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the 'Contest' or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
43. In case of any dispute or difference in respect of or in connection with the 'Contest' and/or the prizes herein, our decision shall be final and binding on all concerned and no correspondence or appeals will be entertained in this regard.
44. We are not responsible for and will not be liable for (I) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties of any kind; (II) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; (III) any printing or typographical error in any material associated with the contest.
45. By logging with your Facebook id or liking or following https://www.facebook.com/BeFairAndHandsome throughout the Contest duration on Facebook to enter the competition you are opting to receive our marketing communications, but can opt out at any time by removing the https://www.facebook.com/BeFairAndHandsome account from your follow list.
46. We respects winners' privacy and is committed to collect, store or use personal data only for the purposes of this contest, in line with applicable data protection laws and in accordance with its stated Privacy Practices. We will not share or sell any personal information provided by means of this Contest, but may transfer entrants' personal information to organizer affiliated companies.
47. Our parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors and employees, shall not be liable for any injury, loss or damage, claims, demands or liabilities of any kind incurred by the Participant as a result of the Participant's participation in the 'Contest' and availing the Contest Prize. This includes, without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
48. By participating in this 'Contest', you agree that no claim shall be asserted against the us, affiliates or any of their respective directors, officers, employees or agents in respect to any and all losses or injuries (including without limitation special, indirect or consequential losses), damages, rights, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever that result from your participation to this Contest and/or your acceptance and enjoyment of the prize.
49. We shall not be responsible for any loss or damage due to Act of God, governmental action, other force majeure circumstances and shall not be liable to pay any amount as compensation or otherwise for the same.
50. The terms and condition of this Contest shall be governed by Indian Laws. Any and all disputes, controversies and conflicts ("Disputes") arising out of the Contest shall be referred for Arbitration to a Sole Arbitrator to be appointed by EMAMI Limited whose decision shall be final and binding on all. The place of arbitration shall be Kolkata. The Courts at Kolkata shall have the exclusive jurisdiction in respect of all the subject matter with relation to the Contest.
51. By the act of taking part in the Contest, the participants shall be deemed to have read, understood and unconditionally accepted the terms and conditions of the same and further agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions with modifications made if any from time to time.
Enter your registered email address below and we'll send you a new password.
We have received many more #HandsomeLife stories.
Check them out.